Saturday, November 20, 2010

PPE

This is my PPE to go to the bathroom.
For all you laymen out there, like me, PPE is Personal Protective Equipment.  No, the bathroom isn’t that bad.  We even have toilet paper now (when the cleaning lady doesn’t hose it down, literally), which is a vast improvement from my first day here.  C’mon, guys.  Do you really NEVER need toilet paper?  Ever?  Ok, we won’t go there.

But the bathroom is in the one and only actual building (as opposed to the sea cans we work in) currently on our site, and there’s construction going on.  So I get to suit up to go to the bathroom.  It’s really not that bad.  I almost remember to put it on before I start walking to the building now.  Almost.

The fun part is that we only have one.  There aren’t many of us on site yet, so it’s not that big of a deal.  But somebody got locked in the bathroom the other day – I won’t name names, but I swear it wasn’t me and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t his fault – and they had to break the lock on the door to get them out.  So now Blake has to stand guard for me every time I use the bathroom.  Fun stuff!  That’s ok – it’s good fodder for the blog!


3 comments:

  1. I was just reading about the latest with the North Korean's bombing South Korea. Josh called to give me the heads up ths morning. Mom says this is still fairly north or Yeosu...but, stay safe. We love you guys and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Any chance you are having turkey? At least, maybe canned cranberry sauce in all those crates you unpacked. :)
    When you have a chance, please send your mailing address out to the family. I would like to send you guys some holiday cards. Lot of love! the Cooper's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister. Mom is right, the bombing is far away from us, since we are on the very Southern coast. Unfortunately, turkey is hard to find in Yeosu and was like $80 at the Costco in Busan (about 3 hr drive away). SO, we are going to eat Thanksgiving gumbo!!! We're eating dinner with one of the other families and they volunteered to make some gumbo, to which I said, HECK YEAH!

    Our mailing address is:
    #103-704 Ungcheon Gwell Apt., 1687 Ungcheon-dong
    Yeosu-City, Jeollanamdo, 555-070

    Love ya!
    Blake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...That is hilarious!! So enjoying reading your updates. :)

    ReplyDelete