Thursday, December 30, 2010

Liars!

It snowed today...

...in Yeosu!

...twice!
...three times!!!
...four times!!!!!

For the third and fourth times... and fifth times... and sixth times
This week!

And at least the fifth sixth  seventh time since we got here.


So, I just want to say, to all the people who told me it "almost never snows in Yeosu"... 

                           You Are Liars!!!


Although, honestly, if I wasn't working in a freezing cold sea can, I'd be pretty excited. 

Ok, so maybe I'm still a little excited anyway.  And maybe every time I see it snowing, I still have to go outside and try to catch some.  Even though I am cold.

Because, once again, we live in the Baton Rouge of South Korea.  So even though there's snow, it's not the nasty, inches deep, stick-to-the-ground-for-weeks, make-you-pray-for-summer kind of snow - these are light, fluffy flakes that float to the ground and melt almost immediately (unless it snows overnight, and then all traces are still most likely gone by lunch), carrying more wintry magic than cold, wet, frozen stuff.  These are Baton Rouge snow flakes.  And if I've got to be cold already, I might as well get to enjoy it, right?

And it looks like I will because, apparently, it does snow here.  Quite frequently.

Liars! 

Next you're going to tell me it's because of global warming!  Ha!




Jun, Blake, and Mr. Hun

Blake and the plant
cabbage with snow

7 comments:

  1. I get excited for the light snow, too! We Louisiana girls take what we can get! Baton Rouge snowflakes (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! In fact, that's kind of our unofficial (one of many) motto here - do what you can with what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a Baton Rouge Christmas as well, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a white Christmas in Huntsville. It was great. We woke up to about 2 inches of snow, and then it continued all day. We got about 4 inches in all and it stuck for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are smiling anyway. Blake and his team have to be pretty cold working outside - put up some insulation or walls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jonathan, I'm jealous! That sounds like so much fun!

    Ms. Donna, someone did suggest that, but I think the permitting here is pretty difficult. I'm not sure they'd ever get approval for that, and it seems that with the pace here, if they ever did, it would probably be spring and warm by then! I do worry about him being out in the cold, though. You can see why he loves his new wool socks so much!

    ReplyDelete