Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our New House!

It only took me a month to post this!  We closed on our new house a month ago today, and I can't tell you how hard it was to get on a plane to come back to Korea and leave that house empty.  Thankfully we have wonderful family and friends to play tag-team squatters for us and keep an eye on it.  And a good security system.

At any rate, we absolutely LOVE it, and I cannot wait to get back home and move in!

For the meantime, here's your tour.




And shortly before we left, we somehow found the time to go by with Blake's parents and do a few things.  Ms. Donna and I measured the windows for blinds and talked curtains, while Blake and Mr. Charlie hung our first picture!

Thanks to Canvas on Demand (which I highly recommend, by the way), we (and by we, I mean Blake) hung a wall display of pictures we've taken on some of our trips over the last couple years on gallery-wrapped canvases.


Starting from the top, going clockwise:
1. wall from Uluwatu Temple in Bali, Indonesia
2. view between the merlons on the Great Wall Mutianyu, China
3. clock tower at Victoria Harbor, Hong Kong
4. temple in Seoul, South Korea
5. exterior of the Coliseum in Rome, Italy
6. temple in Shanghai, China
7. (center) Eiffel Tower in Paris, France


Aside from the fact that we really like the pictures, I'm really excited it about it because it's the first little piece of us in our new house.  And as much as I'll always love my first house, this is an exciting new first, too.  This is OUR first house together.  That we hunted for and bought together.  And maybe it's not exactly a perfect dream house, but for us, it's pretty darn close.

No comments:

Post a Comment